Based in Portchester, UK. This role will organise and lead a team of Line Leaders within a defined Assembly Area.
• Accountable to ensure that the Line Leaders within Assembly Cells achieve targets on H&S, Quality, Quantity & CANDO.
• Accountable for the Engagement of the teams, through leading improvements via CANDO, Kaizen, Quality Circles, and supporting NPI projects
• To develop and implement improvement plans as necessary to ensure targets are met for internal and external KPIs. If a non conformity, or incident occurs within your area, once it has been resolved, use tools and techniques, and other departments support, to understand root cause, and implement permanent corrective action. TAKE THE LEAD, and hold people accountable to help solve the issue.
• Front line for Engagement and people management of the section, including HR-related activities such as probationary reviews, Return to Work interviews, managing holiday requests and disciplinary issues
• Works closely with Line Leader to recognise shortcomings or weaknesses in the Assembly teams, and addresses these issues. Carries out Standard Work Confirmations, and follows IPMD process for reviewing and managing performance
• Supports the Shift Supervisor with the smooth introduction of new products in line with SDS
• Carries out regular briefings with Line Leaders, ensuring they are aware of and understand Company strategy, objectives and priorities and disseminates this information. Forwards information up-line in a timely manner. Mentors and directs their Line Leaders to resolve problems and escalates to senior management in a timely manner
• Creates an environment for continuous improvement and information sharing, encouraging team members to raise new ideas and challenge the status quo. Supports the Production Supervisor and other Team Leaders with Quality Circles, Kaizen and any other customer improvement activities
• Ensures compliance with IATF16949, ISO14001/ISO45001 and Health & Safety Regulations of employees under your control, maintaining team members’ awareness through regular communication. Responsible for preparation of health and safety risk assessments, working closely with the Health & Safety Officer
• Maintenance and upkeep of department records i.e. scrap recording
• Undertake any training as and when required to improve job performance
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by Assembly Manager
You will have previous proven experience in a manufacturing environment.
Proven leadership experience
Ideally knowledge of TS16949 but no essential
Good communication skills with the ability to motivate people
A competitive salary and range of benefits.
Be part of a worldwide team with very big challenges ahead, which bring huge development opportunities for people with big career goals.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then look no further.
We are an equal opportunity employer where inclusion matters; this is evidenced by us being a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Portchester is located close to the historic University City of Portsmouth, where the historic docks nestle amongst modern harbour side boutiques.